Driftwood artwork gives a unique coastal touch to the wall of your beautiful home. The driftwood is natural to find and is an inexpensive way to decorate the interior of your home. Many artists particularly make driftwood artwork, and they produce anything and everything from this beautiful driftwood, which not only complements your furniture but also look great as decor items and hangings.
Artists also produce driftwood sculptures. They typically go to junkyard, foundries, and beaches to find the right pieces of metals and the driftwood to create marvelous sculptures of anything that comes in their minds. As far as the wood is concerned, you can find driftwood any beachside, like Annapolis and Maryland. You will see these beautiful treasures at the shorelines and the riverbanks as well.
If you find the above interesting and feel like you should make one sculpture, then here’s a short guide for your ease.
HOW TO MAKE DRIFTWOOD SCULPTURES?
• Before you start anything, decide for yourself the idea that you want your sculpture to be like. Find these lovely pieces at any of the above-mentioned happy places.
• Make sure your wood pieces are sturdy enough because soft driftwood would crumble when you cut, and some might be very hard. If the wood contains dense grains and knots, then it’ll be a problem at the farther end, so keep in mind these points when you’re choosing the pieces of driftwood for your sculpture.
• Outline your sculpture on a paper and start cutting the base and different wood pieces according to your design.
• Smoothen the cut wood pieces with sandpaper to get the rustic look.
• This step is a bit difficult, so make sure you do this right. Drill holes in your finished cut pieces and attach them to the base of the driftwood sculpture using wood dowels. After you have assembled everything, glue each part for better grip of the elements.
• And your sculpture is now ready! Paint in or don’t paint it, these lovely wood pieces have a natural beauty, which will enhance the beauty of the room they are kept in.
If the above process looks too cumbersome to handle, you can always go through the driftwood art and sculptures in the market and on the Internet and get your rooms and walls to have a fantastic touch of natural beauty.
CAN WE MAKE SOME DRIFTWOOD ARTWORK AS WELL?
Does nature produce certain things just for decor purposes like who on Earth would resist the charm of an exquisite piece of driftwood? You can make fantastic artwork with the driftwood pieces like turning it into ornaments or make wall hangings, and so on. I can personally quote some examples to support the above:
1. You can make a pretty wreath for your front door. For this, you need some small pieces of the driftwood, some lace, and a grapevine wreath. Assemble the three, and you’ll get a fantastic part of decor.
2. You can also make a jewelry hanger. Not only will it help you in sorting out the mess that your jewelry remains in your drawers, but also work as a ravishing driftwood wall artwork.
3. The other possible thing that you can do is get branches of driftwood and put all of them in a vase or a jar. Decorate the free ends of the branches with colored yarn or pom-poms. It’s effortless and can turn out to be a long-lasting decorative item. You can also break these branches into smaller parts and glue them to a small jar with a candle in it, to get a cute candle holder.
4. You can also make a towel hanger like the jewelry hanger. The only difference would be you’ll have to screw hooks into the wood, and you get a beautiful piece for your bathroom towels that people would be mind boggled to see!
No matter how you choose to keep these treasured items as they will enhance the place with their tranquility in every way. Each piece of driftwood is of different shape and unique. You have to go and have an evening at the beachside or Riverside to find these beautiful things and display their beauty as exquisite driftwood artwork for your beautiful walls and rooms.